$5,000 Sign On Bonus Infection Control Practitioner
Melbourne Regional Medical Center is a comprehensive health care provider in Brevard County, Florida—the Space Coast.
As Melbourne Regional Medical Center continues its focus on providing the highest quality of patient care to the Space Coast community, it has earned numerous awards, recognitions, and certifications from a variety of standards bodies, commissions, and other highly regarded organizations. These accolades are validations that our commitment to quality, comprehensive and accessible care is second to none.
Opened in 2002, Melbourne Regional Medical Center is unique, inside and out. All 119 private rooms are designed for patient comfort and satisfaction. Melbourne Regional Medical Center is currently undergoing an Operating Room expansion in which we excited to better serve the community.
Melbourne Regional Medical Center Recognitions
- Joint Commission accredited hospital
- Certified by the American College of Radiology (Mammography)
- Joint Commission accredited in Lab
The Infection Control Officer is responsible for managing and supervising all activities related to the prevention, control, documentation and reporting of nosocomial acquired infections and communicable diseases at local Steward Health Care hospital. These responsibilities include setting standards and evaluating compliance for practices that are associated with the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections. The Infection Control Officer is responsible for designing, leading and maintaining a hospital based infection prevention and control program that is consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions recommendations, Joint Commission Standards, OSHA and DPH regulations and current published literature in the field of Hospital Epidemiology.
The Infection Control Officer will provide consultative services to all areas, both clinical and non-clinical at the local hospital.
Surveillance and Data Analysis:
- Reviews hospital on-going surveillance using appropriate IC criteria, documentation and investigation of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs) through review of online surveillance program documentation.
- Evaluates effectiveness of the Hospital Infection Control Program, modifying when necessary
- Ensures daily rounding at local hospital to identify procedures and processes associated with risk of infection and implements best practice strategies to reduce risks.
- Reviews and interprets data in support of epidemiological studies of specific problem areas to determine the source of the problem and to make recommendations at the local hospital infection control committee
- Conducts analysis of the hospital infection control data to include risk assessment, prevention and control strategies.
- Supports and oversees hospital infection control committee meetings to support program progression and compliance with identified strategies to reduce risk from infections
- Supports and attends hospital HAI committees to ensure performance improvement strategies are consistent with system plans and goals.
- Oversees function of reporting of communicable disease to local and state regulating bodies to ensure compliance at local hospital
- Works with hospital risk manager to report infection outbreaks to the appropriate regulating bodies.
- Leads quality improvement activities by assessing, monitoring, and measuring HAI rates and evaluating outcomes on a continuous basis
- Participates in hospital organized pi activities specific to infection reduction strategies.
- Implements task forces to address infection clusters to ensure rapid improvement.
- Supports infection control activities as it relates to other improvement strategies, ie immunization programs, hand hygiene, surgical care, pneumonia and sepsis reduction strategies, etc.
- In conjunction with Hospital HR and Education Department(s), plans, organizes implements and evaluates educational programs for Hospital personnel, including administrative and ancillary staff, to enhance skills, knowledge and awareness of HAIs, avoidance techniques, and preventative measures.
- Conducts regular training sessions to ensure consistent implementation of IC practices at local hospital.
- Works with corporate Infection Control Committee to develop educational materials that are relevant, useful and easily understood by both clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- In consultation with the System Leadership, advises and consults with physicians, nurses and contracte4d personnel concerning precautions for patients, staff and others to prevent infection transmission.
- Serves as a knowledgeable and available resource on IC practices and policies for patients, families and staff.
- Maintains compliance with all standards from CDC, TJC, CMS, DPH, Local Boards of Health, OSHA, etc.
- Assists with licensing/accreditation survey preparation as needed.
- Maintains an updated Infection Control Manual at local hospital that is consistent with system standards, policies and procedures.
- Duties as assigned
- Shall be accountable for the on-going integration of the System Infection Control Program into the local hospital
- Shall be accountable for development and update of all relevant departmental/hospital policies and procedures specific to infection control at local hospital.
- Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital related, medical staff related and patient related data and information
- Shall be accountable for the timely and complete review and investigation of all hospital acquired infections at the local hospital
- Bachelor of Science in healthcare field of study. RN or MT preferred- MS preferred a minimum of two (2) years experience in hospital infection control.
- Certification Board for Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC) required
- Knowledgeable in fields related to infection control, microbiology, patient care practices, clinical infectious diseases, pathology, medical statistics or biostatics, epidemiology and adult education principles.
- Experience in Information Technology as applied to Infection Control or Public Health, with a working knowledge of and ability to use online services for research, i.e., rL Solutions IMPRO, NHSN, etc.
- Knowledge of performance improvement monitoring and development of performance improvement indicators.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral and presentation skills, including knowledge and experience in grant writing.
- Demonstrated assertiveness, conflict resolution, negotiation and collaboration skills and customer focused interpersonal skills.
- Flexible shifts
- Competitive salary
- Excellent differentials
- National certification and higher education pay
- Outstanding culture and employee satisfaction scores
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Sick, vacation, and holiday time