Admini. Assistant 2, Pain Management, #21394, 40hrs.
* Act as an initial contact for all patients coming through the Pain Management Center. (PMC)
* Schedules patients for consultations and procedures are directed by referring physicians' offices or pain specialists.
* Manages daily patient schedule within established matrix
* Schedules consultations and procedures with appropriate pain specialists.
* Prioritizes voicemails, inbox patient messages with appropriate parties to maintain flow, quality and efficiency.
* Assists in obtaining referrals and authorizations for consultations, procedures and tests.
* Verifies eligibility of insurance using available web portals.
* Uses all computers department to included but not limited to Meditech, eCW, Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Enters charges as appropriate under the direction of the manager and provides reconciliation
* Calls patients to remind them of appointments and does follow up calls to ensure customer friendly service.
* Demonstrates ability to pace self to adapt to fluctuating job demands.
* Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
* and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
* Assists in the activities of the Pain Center staff in file retrieval, and other clerical duties.
* Performs all the duties to assist the physicians, nursing and technical staff.
* Maintains an efficient office environment, organizing files, patient information and data.
* Organizes all paperwork for all pain center appointments such as physician orders, labs, pre certification and pre authorizations, relevant reports and presents to clinical staff for review.
* Assemble all patient charts for review by doctors on patient appt day.
* Performance of any duties as requested by supervisors within the scope of this position.
* Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital, medical staff and patient related data and information
* Accountable for following JCAHO, DPH and HIPPA requirements.
* High school graduate with 2 years of college preferred.
* 1 year experience physician office and/or another clinical office environment.
* Experience with insurance authorization preferred.
* Excellent word processing, communication, and organizational skills.