Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
- Provide clerical, project and administrative support to all of the clinical staff and practice manager to effectively carry out the operations of the division, including but not limited to: referral management, check in patients, collect co-pay, claim/denial management, facility billing and denial reports, sending out vascular lab reports
- Manage the flow of information and resources within the division and contributes to the completion of assigned projects within the division.
- Receives and handles calls to schedule patients at offsite clinics
- Monitors surgeons’ calendars and tracks surgeries in Athena Collector
- Receives visitors, staff, patients and callers. Ascertains the nature of the business, and using independent judgment, resolves those issues personally, or if necessary, forwards the caller/visitor to the appropriate person.
- Handles all first level complaints or problems. Attempts to resolve administrative and operational problems independently. Forwards those issues which are not resolved to management and/or clinical staff.
- Assists with monthly clinic volume statistics, data entry, patient charge entry and reconciliation, QI projects, satisfaction surveys and marketing initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with Central Scheduling Staff. Calls to remind patients of appointments. Arranges for necessary referrals and orders from referring physicians and preregistration of patients prior to appointment.
- Maintains divisional files with confidentiality.
- Assists with monthly visit volume statistics.
- Monthly specialty sessions for clinical staff.
- Maintenance of daily MD's appointments regarding patients, physicians
- Responsible for processing monthly record keeping and updating of individual patient’s treatments.
- Responsible for accurate billing procedures.
- Organization and maintenance of patient charts, laboratory test results processing.
- Coordinates orientation to new medical students, fellows, and secretaries to the division.
- Coordinator for upkeep on various office supplies and equipment and exam room equipment.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 5-10 years of administrative, clerical or secretarial experience
- Experience in a surgical practice preferred
- Medical terminology, and transcription experience. Preference given to those with experience in vascular surgery or vascular medicine
- Knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Word and computerized medical lab system. Preference to those candidates with Athena and Meditech experience.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.