Admitting Registrar - ER
Under the general supervision of the registration Manager and E.R Supervisor, the Registration Coordinator /Collector is responsible for accurately registering patients. This position has initial contact with patients and/or patient representative, physicians and/or physician’s staff. Is responsible for completing, verifying insurance information and accurately entering all vital information required for billing and point of service collections.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Previous experience utilizing computer systems preferred; basic course in Medical Terminology preferred
- One year prior Healthcare and/or Emergency Room Registration experience preferred.
- Knowledge of any or all government programs; Medicare,
- Medicaid, Medicare/Medicaid HMO's, and/or miscellaneous insurance plans preferred.
- Collections experience in hospital/physician office in a follow-up structure in regards to billing and collections with knowledge in Managed Care and governmental payors preferred.
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.