Assistant Director of Plant Operations - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Under the direction of the Plant operations Director the Assistant Director is responsible for direction of the Plant Operations Department. Responsible for maintaining a comfortable physical environment for patients, personnel, medical staff and the public, in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and regulatory requirements. Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance programs to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operation of the entire physical plant and all related operating equipment within the facility. Responsible for supervision of operation and maintenance of multiple buildings and structures.
Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for specific age groups served. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in Performance Improvement activities. Responsible for completing the Statement of Conditions as required by DNV on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or five years equivalent experience.
- Must have excellent knowledge of building construction, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, and building and fire safety codes.
- 3 - 5 years recent experience as manager of plant operations preferably in a medical setting, including experience in disaster planning and fire regulations.
- Membership in the American Society of Hospital Engineers and/or National Fire Prevention Association preferred
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages helpful.
- Good computer skills with various software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
"Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female /Veterans /Disabled