Behavioral Health Tech II
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit.
A BHT II shall provide the following direct services in the patient’s home, school, or community setting as part of implementing a patient’s individual treatment plan (ITP).
- Support of problem-solving skill development.
- Instruction on how to understand, direct, interpret, manage, and control feelings and emotional responses to situations
- Aid the parent/caregiver to address the therapeutic need of the patient; psycho-educational services related to mental health, including the development of improved decision-making skills to manage behavior.
- Aid with the development of socially acceptable behaviors, instruction on stress reduction, techniques; data collection; behavioral stabilization and interventions to support services.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in psychology, social work, counseling sociology, education or related field; or an Associate's Degree/60 credits towards a bachelor's degree; or a Pennsylvania license as a registered nurse.
- Two years’ experience in the provision of behavioral health services to children/youth
- Background Clearances (as required by law)
- Valid Driver's License and Auto Insurance
- Successful completion of post offers physical and drug screen
- Vacation time
- Sick time
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.