Cardiac Cath Tech, Per Diem, Day Shift, No Weekends, Holidays Required, MA RT License Required, Cath Experience Required, ACLS Required
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
Under the direction of a Cardiologist, the Cardiac Catheterization Technologist performs functions related to hemodynamic and imaging, and ambulatory monitoring operation in the Cardiology department. This person performs those procedures at a level not requiring constant supervision
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
- Performs all Cardiac Catheterizations Technologist's duties under the direction of the Chief
- Radiologic Technologist.
- Performs and records hemodynamic monitoring.
- Maintains proficiency through continuing education credits.
- Assists with the radiologic operations of the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Performs quality control standard by using the optimum diagnostic imaging.
- Performs simple trouble-shooting for equipment.
- Requests service as needed.
- Completes the patient billing forms for the Cath Lab procedures(s).
- Performs the daily calibration and maintenance of the film processor with the use of sensitometric
- and densitometric equipment.
- Assists with the preparation of the cardiology patients having an invasive procedure.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Takes evening and week-end calls for emergency procedures in the Cardiac Catherterization
- This person shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital-related, medical staff-related, and patient-related data and information.
- This person shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organization skills
Education: Graduate of an allied health or certificate program for Cardiovascular Technology or Radiologic Technology
Experience (Type & Length): Previous catheterization laboratory experience preferred.
Certification/Licensure: MA RT License, ACLS Required, Annual training in CPR required.