Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
This position will be employed by Central Brevard Anesthesiology.
Central Brevard Anesthesiology is seeking a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) to work with the Anesthesiology team at Rockledge Regional Medical Center. We are looking for self-directed, self-motivated individuals that must have good communication and interpersonal skills. Individuals must be able to exhibit flexibility and cope effectively in an ever-changing, fast-paced healthcare environment. Potential applicants must perform effectively when confronted with challenges and demonstrate quality work ethic.
CRNA will provide anesthesia under the direction of a physician and will see a variety of cases.
- Coordinate care in an anesthesia care team model with anesthesiologist according to policy and procedures of the Department of Anesthesiology.
- Administer the appropriate anesthetic agents and monitor each patient's response and progress throughout the entire perioperative care.
- Document accurately and comprehensively into an electronic medical record system.
- Evaluate and provide post anesthesia care.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must have a strong understanding of pre-anesthesia medications and post-anesthesia medications
- Ability to make sound judgements of analytical, physical and manual dexterity functions of a patient
- Ability to work harmoniously in a collaborative environment
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and an accredited school of nurse anesthesia
- Work requires a general level of knowledge and clinical competencies as typically acquired through the completion of an accredited school of anesthesia nursing program resulting in a minimum of a Master’s Degree.
- 2-3 years of experience as a CRNA strongly preferred
- Registered Nurse Anesthetist Certification required
- Current Florida RN license required