Clinical Leader - Psych Unit - Full-Time
Recognized leadership and education position. Emphasis on the provision and supervision of direct patient care through overseeing the care and services provided by professional and ancillary staff. Plays a key role in the development and maintenance of education of the unit staff.
Clinical Practice and Patient Care Delivery Management
• Collaborates with healthcare team, including but not limited to Case Management to ensure optimal disposition plans for all patients.
• Monitors and adjusts staffing based upon patient census and acuity.
• Manages the flow of patients to and from the department maintaining a focus on patient needs and efficiency
• Supports and helps implement evidenced-based practice that remains current regarding standards of care established by the profession, regulatory & accreditation bodies and hospital policy and procedures
• Facilitates multidisciplinary care to ensure the best possible outcome for patients
• Delegates responsibilities to unit staff to ensure positive achievable patient outcomes.
Human, Fiscal, and Other Resources Management
• Assists in the creation and maintenance of daily unit staff scheduling.
• Assists in maintaining payroll records for unit staff.
• Assists with planning, implementation, and follow through of personnel corrective and education action as necessary.
• Provides peer review input for annual job performance evaluations.
Clinical Leader: Performance Evaluation Responsibilities
• Fosters interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within unit, department, and hospital wide.
• Ensures that patient care is coordinated with all members of the health care team
• Participates in interdisciplinary committees within the hospital that focus on patient care issues.
• Assumes accountability for translating the hospital, departmental, and unit strategic plan to staff, ensuring support of the plan, and helps modify the plan in response to changing internal and external factors.
• Talent Development/Coaching/Education- A leader who has a genuine commitment to foster the growth and development of others.
• Provides coaching and education (or facilitates) to staff so that they can meet/exceed performance expectations
• Assists in the active development and maintenance of education of the unit staff from orientation through annual competencies.
• Active partnership with nurse educator to establish unit based specialty education, competencies, and certification.
• Actively develops talent, encouraging and facilitating employees' participation in unit, departmental, and hospital wide activities that provide opportunity for growth and development.
Performance Improvement & Safety
• Participates on departmental performance improvement and patient/employee safety programs and projects
• Participates on task forces, PI teams, committees, etc.
• Identifies patient and employee safety risks and makes recommendations to reduce
• Holds self and staff accountable for patient and employee safety standards, polices, procedures and practices
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Current nursing registration in Massachusetts, BSN, BCLS, certification and demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred.