CNA - FT Days
Job Summary: Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to geriatric psychiatric patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.
Job Responsibilities: Provides general aspects of care that meet psychosocial or physical needs or both simultaneously, within the Nursing Assistant's scope of practice. Meets communication needs of patients. Performs other duties as assigned, within the Nursing Assistant's scope of practice. Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of patient. Performs basic patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care. Demonstrates ability to communicate to the RN any observed changes in patient status and responses. Maintains awareness of the needs of geriatric patient. Communicates appropriately and clearly to team leader, co-workers and physicians. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of certified nursing assistant program.
- CNA Certification or current RN student with documentation of completion of two clinical rotations.
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum of six months to one year of related work experience, preferred.