Constant Observer- Safe Sitter Dept- Per Diem As Needed
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
The Constant Observer will observe and sit with patients who need constant attention for their safety.
- Under the direct supervision of the registered nurse, provides constant observation to patients who are either suicidal or have behavioral management issues placed on constant observation.
- Alerts the nurse if there is a change in a patient's behavior or a response that the observer is concerned about.
- Reviews the observation care plan for the patient with the nurse at the beginning of each shift.
- Able to observe more than one person in a room, if clinically indicated by the nurse.
- May assist the patient in routine activities of daily living under the direction of the nurse, i.e. feeding, bathing, ambulating, grooming, etc. consistent with observer's training and competencies.
• Courteous, respectful and responsive in interactions with others.
• Satisfactorily completes employee orientation.
• Responsible, reliable and conscientious approach to work assignments.
• Speaks and understands English language.
• Is able to visually observe and physically able to escort patients.
• BLS through the American Heart Association required.
• High School diploma preferred but no required.
• CNA license in the state of Massachusetts preferred.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.