EDHC Program Coordinator
Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 8/13/2021
The EDHC program coordinator guides patients through the Steward Health Care experience. Navigator will meet with new patients to review health care options, assist in scheduling procedures to include diagnostics, surgical procedures and after care. Director will work with registration, inpatient and outpatient services to ensure patient experience is planned in advance and is cost-effective for the hospital and patient. Director should be qualified and prepared to handle all unexpected changes that occur during any scheduled treatment plan. Must be familiar with the patient's bill of rights and seek assistance from other resources when needed to ensure individualized care. Skills utilized in job performance include assessment, communication, teaching, organizing and leadership. Ensures patient privacy, dignity, and safety.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Good analytical and deduction skills
- Must be sympathetic and provide good emotional support
- Must be organized and able to multi-task
- Able to work in stressful environment with positive attitude.
- Associate degree in Nursing, Bachelors preferred.
- 2- years experience in a similar position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Meditech, Salesforce, and scheduling programs highly preferred.
- General knowledge of health insurance reimbursement