EEG Technician - 20 Hours (Mon-Fri)
Performs skilled multifaceted neurodiagnostic testing for inpatient and outpatients of all ages and diagnoses.
Director of Neurology and Pulmonary Care Services and the Neurodiagnostic Laboratory Supervisor.
- Graduate of comprehensive EEG training program
- Certification mandatory, registration preferred
- High school diploma required. Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Allied Health Field preferred.
- Three to five years’ clinical experience required
- TEAM WORK
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
- Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- Perform standard EEG recording following AEEGS guidelines including time requirement, obtaining appropriate states of consciousness
- Perform activating procedures where applicable and clearly notating all functions and clinical observations
- Demonstrates knowledge of advanced EEG testing, portable EEG’s, Electrocerebral Silence, MLST and Sleep Apnea testing and performs with technical excellence
- Demonstrates knowledge in the area of Evoked Potential recordings and can perform with technical excellence upper and lower extremities, visual and brain stem EP’s