EKG Tech - Part Time
To perform all ordered non-invasive cardiovascular procedures (EKGs, rhythm strips, code blue, stress tests and Holter Monitor application and removal according to established standards on adults, pediatric and neonatal patients. Light clerical and office work when needed.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
Good oral and written communication skills in the English language. Able to function calmly in a fast-paced, and stressful environment. Ability to perform clerical and technical processing duties of the department. To understand and use the hospital computer system appropriately. To organize work priority so that all work is done in an appropriate time spam. To notify supervisor when the workload demand requires additional personnel. To perform charges and credits so that patients are billed appropriately. To identify, research and follow up any discrepancy and charting. To oversee trainees in work activities. To perform tasks, such as non-invasive procedures to include: routine EKGs, rhythm strips, code blues, Holter Monitor application and full disclosure preparation when needed. Schedule stress test with floors and Nuclear Medicine as necessary. Trained and able to perform procedures on patients of all ages, adults, pediatric and neonatal. Requires good interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to work closely with medical staff, patients, families, hospital employees, guests, physicians office staff and others as a team.
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association
- Six months hospital experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization in English
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
- A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
- Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
- A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".