Front Office/Medical Biller (SMG West- Phoenix Suns Clinic)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
In search of a medical biller to process physical therapy billing and perform front desk responsibilities including scheduling appointments, answer telephones, greet patients, and prepare patient charts for new and existing patients. This person will perform reception duties to maintain correct patient information, coordinate authorizations for care and ensure proper charts are pulled for the provider. Assist with the insurance verification and treatment authorization processes. Performs patient check in duties to include collection of co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles from current or previous visits.
- Manage insurance accounts receivable including timely follow up of denied claims, contacting insurance companies for status of claims and preparation of appeals.
- Manage patient accounts receivable including corresponding with patients to resolve account inquiries.
- Prepare claims for submission including monitoring the accuracy of ICD-10/CPT coding and making adjustments as needed.
- Identify trends in denials and opportunities for improvement in the billing process.
- Provide excellent customer service wen communicating with patients to resolve all inquiries regarding billing, outstanding balances or overall account status.
- Responsible for reviewing patient records for correct coding, appropriate documentation and compliance
- Reports directly to PT Practice Manager
- Answers all phone calls promptly and courteously. Takes messages accurately and completely. Ensures that callers placed on hold are attended to promptly.
- Prepares charts on new patients, updates charts for existing/returning patients. Pulls charts and review for messages.
- Verifies patient billing information to include: Responsible party, current address, telephone number, insurance carrier, etc. Copies insurance cards completely.
- Files all patient related information accurately and timely.
- Assists patient with authorization to release medical records.
- Keeps track of office supplies and orders as needed.
- Collects co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, etc. or past due balances.
- Balances cash received at the end of each day and reports as directed. Checks, summarizes, and totals all charge tickets at end of each day. Posts charges and payments on the day of service as time permits. Puts patient sign in sheet and charge tickets into an envelope and takes to Billing/Collections clerk for processing.
- Assists with other clerical or back office functions as needed as requested.
- Provides training or assistance to new staff members as directed by Practice Administrator.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Reports directly to PT Practice Manager
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Physical therapy billing experience required
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12523