Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 7/16/2021
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
***Host/Hostess 24hrs/Days & Evenings
Responsible for taking food orders, filling food order requests according to dietary specifications, delivering and retrieving meal trays, delivering snacks, maintaining floor stocks and sanitation.
Personal and Work Habits
- Follows department infection control procedures.
- Follows department safety procedures.
- Follows department sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Demonstrates the proper care and use of kitchen equipment used by employee
Work Load Management & Teamwork
- Completes duties assigned by manager
- Performs duties in a team environment
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and completes tasks on time.
- Maintains poise at varying volumes of activity.
- Maintains poise when faced with a difficult situation
- Helps co-workers especially during short staff situations.
- Cooperates fully with supervisor at all times.
- Comprehends all computer reports needed for daily work
- Understands training material, instruction and short correspondences
- Allows and documents only 1 verbal diet order in compliance with the MDs diet order
- Provides outstanding customer service
- Organizes patient trays accurately & efficiently with careful attention paid to presentation.
- Prepares food accurately & efficiently with careful attention paid to presentation.
- Completes guest’s orders by preparing food and beverages correctly according to dietary restrictions
- Safely operates all job related coffee and food service equipment
- Accurately portions and stocks food and supplies according to department procedures.
- Sets up assigned station accurately and efficiently.
- Rotates and labels foods and non-food supplies appropriately.
- Follows department procedures when Passing Out & Picking Up patient trays.
- Follows department procedures when Handling Silverware.
- Follows department procedures when Delivering Supplies to the floor pantries.
- Prepares all snacks, nourishments and supplements
- Adjusts menu selections to proper fluid requirements
- Identifies various medical and food service related abbreviations
- Demonstrates proper tray delivery/return procedures and communicates special requests to the production staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
- Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
Service Excellence (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner and interact with customer in high levels of service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and answer customer comments and questions courteously, either in person or on phone.
- Ability to respond to customer concerns as soon and possible, and communicate pertinent issues to supervisor immediately.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to effectively write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations, and use judgment to resolve issues or seek supervisory guidance.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.