Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 12/12/2019
Responsible for taking food orders, filling food order requests according to dietary specifications, delivering and retrieving meal trays, delivering snacks, maintaining floor stocks and sanitation.
Personal and Work Habits
- Follows department infection control procedures.
- Follows department safety procedures.
- Follows department sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Demonstrates the proper care and use of kitchen equipment used by employee
Work Load Management & Teamwork
- Completes duties assigned by manager
- Performs duties in a team environment
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and completes tasks on time.
- Maintains poise at varying volumes of activity.
- Maintains poise when faced with a difficult situation
- Helps co-workers especially during short staff situations.
- Cooperates fully with supervisor at all times.
- Comprehends all computer reports needed for daily work
- Understands training material, instruction and short correspondences
- Allows and documents only 1 verbal diet order in compliance with the MDs diet order
- Provides outstanding customer service
- Organizes patient trays accurately & efficiently with careful attention paid to presentation.
- Prepares food accurately & efficiently with careful attention paid to presentation.
- Completes guest’s orders by preparing food and beverages correctly according to dietary restrictions
- Safely operates all job related coffee and food service equipment
- Accurately portions and stocks food and supplies according to department procedures.
- Sets up assigned station accurately and efficiently.
- Rotates and labels foods and non-food supplies appropriately.
- Follows department procedures when Passing Out & Picking Up patient trays.
- Follows department procedures when Handling Silverware.
- Follows department procedures when Delivering Supplies to the floor pantries.
- Prepares all snacks, nourishments and supplements
- Adjusts menu selections to proper fluid requirements
- Identifies various medical and food service related abbreviations
- Demonstrates proper tray delivery/return procedures and communicates special requests to the production staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
- Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
Service Excellence (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner and interact with customer in high levels of service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and answer customer comments and questions courteously, either in person or on phone.
- Ability to respond to customer concerns as soon and possible, and communicate pertinent issues to supervisor immediately.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to effectively write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations, and use judgment to resolve issues or seek supervisory guidance.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.