Infection Control and Employee Health Pr
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary of Responsibility:
Under the supervision of the hospital’s Chief Medical Officer, assists with implementation of all components of the hospital’s Infection Control program and Employee Health functions as assigned. The position involves responsibilities for the Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) and the Transitional Care Unit (TCU).
- Collects and analyzes surveillance data on infection in patients and personnel.
- Participates in Environment of Care rounds to monitor safety practices, environmental cleanliness and compliance with infection control policies and procedures.
- Collects data for analysis of unusual endemic or epidemic situations, to evaluate new procedures, or equipment to be utilized in patient care.
- Implements Employee Health programs such as pre –employment health assessments, immunization & vaccine programs, work related injury program, wellness programs, Ergonomics programs and evaluates sick call reports for clusters of illness or infectious/communicable diseases
- Acts as a resource for Infection Control/Employee Health issues hospital wide.
- Provides staff education in the areas of Infection Control/ Employee Health appropriate to the needs of the population served.
- Actively involved in the implementation and achievement of unit, department and organizational goals.
- Assures internal and external customer satisfaction with Infection Control/Employee Health services.
- Manages Infection Control/Employee Health Department in absence Infection Control/Employee Health Coordinator.
- Registered to practice Nursing in Massachusetts preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or a related health care field
- At least 3 years of clinical experience
- Certified in Infection Control or Occupational Health Nursing (after 2 years in position)
- Demonstrates clinical competence, excellent communication, verbal and written skills, a commitment to interdisciplinary team process and leadership ability.
Important COVID message
Please note, our New England Sinai Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.