Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 5/21/2021
This position leads major IS project & program implementations under supervision of the Program Manager with particular focus on the delivery of IS Infrastructure solutions within the Steward Health Care environment using IS project & program management best practices.
- Operate across multiple projects simultaneously and assume responsibility for the appropriate architecture and technical implementation of projects.
- Manage all technical aspects of large cross functional IT projects including build vs. buy analysis, software selection, infrastructure requirements and build-out, development, and system integrations.
- Work directly with internal customers and external vendors and partners to understand system applications and technology requirements and facilitate its implementation.
- Develop project plans for enterprise wide IS initiatives, own the customer relationships for these initiatives, and ensure that the services are delivered with quality and timeliness
- Participate in all phases of system implementation including planning, requirements definition, specification, system design, testing, training, and installation. Act as a program manager or project manager as determined by the project configuration
- Responsible for clear oral and written communication of project status, agenda, meeting minutes, issues, process changes, software enhancement goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong experience with Project Management Best Practices including:
- Project administration.
- Prioritization of deliverables.
- Project planning and time management.
- Scope management and containment.
- Cost control and budgeting.
- Time verification and reporting.
- Resource management.
- Project review, analysis, and implementation.
- Ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Issues and risk mitigation/management; and
- Ability to manage dependencies within and across multiple projects.
- Broad understanding of information technology and its usage.
- Ability to independently manage large-scale development and implementation projects.
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
- Ability to lead through the creation of innovative strategies, methods, and approaches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork and motivational skills
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong attention to detail, process, deadlines, and quality results.
- Proven track working with IS Infrastructure, design requirements including Data Center, low voltage cabling, fiber optics, WAN Services to include managing deployments of routers, switches, firewalls, and hardware components required in Voice Over IP Platforms.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required; MBA or MS Degree
- Experience (Type & Length): Minimum 3-5 years’ project & program management/systems implementation experience. Experience in the delivery of applications and IS Infrastructure within the healthcare vertical required.
- Certification/Licensure: Project Management Certification desired and Industry Recognized Certification in VOIP and Cyber Security is a plus.
- Software/Hardware: Strong working knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.