LCSW - Psych St. Dymphnas Admin- Full Time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Full time 40 hours per week
Qualifications: MSW from accredited institution; master's level license (LCSW or LICSW). Completion of a course on the DSM, or previous experience. Experience in an inpatient setting using the DSM, mental health preferred.
Assures timely delivery of quality work services and discharge planning. Demonstrates effective practice skills, which integrate social work theory, regulations and sound working relationships to enhance positive outcomes for patients and families.
- Achieves effectiveness in interview with patients, families, collateral contacts which result in timely resolution of psychosocial problems and/or discharge planning issues.
- Communicates regularly with physician and nursing staff verbally and/or via medical record on the progress of interventions and interactions with patient and families.
- Initiates family meeting promptly when necessary to resolve problems and provide support.
- Participates in daily clinical team interview to assess and implement goals and treatment.
- Provides counseling to patient, families and groups if indicated on psychosocial problems related to illness, finances, end of life issues as well as significant changes in living situation.
- Identifies and addresses homelessness by referring patient to state resources for homeless and maintaining shelter list.
- Consults with physician, nurses, therapist and others regarding significant/complex psychosocial problems affecting patient care.
- Demonstrates congenial and effective working relationships with all members of the multidisciplinary team as well as positive liaison relationships.
- Possesses a clear commitment to social work philosophy, principles and theory which is integrated into practice in accordance with the Center for Behavioral Medicine department and hospital policy and procedures.
- Responds in a timely manner to ER request for psychiatric bed search and placement of patients on a Section 12.
- Utilizes community resources based on the patient's and family's needs. Maintains positive relationships and rapport with outside agencies.
- Able to provide education to the patient and family for specific identified psychosocial needs.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic