Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 5/11/2021
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient’s psychosocial needs and develops plan of care in concert with the patient’s care team.
- Provides short-term and long-term psychotherapy to identify problems; provides on-going counseling and facilitates needed referrals.
- Links patient/family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to sources for information/referral for financial assistance, transportation, food, housing, support groups.
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families and community to ensure continuity of care.
- Documents patient/family status and history, diagnosis, treatment plan, evaluation results, observations and progress in electronic medical record.
- Serves as a resource to other staff on community resources and in area of specialty.
- Assists patients with completion of applications for disability, MassHealth and Medicare D.
- Conducts support groups for patients and/or families.
- Master's degree in social work. LICSW (for reimbursement purposes).
- Additional course work in area of specialty (e.g., psychiatric, pediatric, elderly, group work) as required.
- Minimum three to five years experience in social work and providing psychotherapy with diverse patient populations.