Local Chapter Performance Manager
Under supervision of the Senior Regional Director of Operations, the Local Chapter Performance Manager will be responsible for the success of the provider organization within their respective region that is performing under managed care arrangements. The focus of the work will be on developing, leading, and executing chapter performance improvement plans while supporting the region’s efforts to improve quality and efficiency, while maximizing risk-based reimbursement for patient populations covered under risk contracts.
- Leads their respective region and all practices that it is composed of, to meet or exceed all performance goals as set forth by the SHCN MA Regional Board of Directors in an effort to advance the Steward Community Care model, maximize patient and provider satisfaction, implement standards of care and maximize risk-based revenues
- Assess the performance improvement needs of provider practices across the region
- Establishes and implements appropriate performance improvement plans to raise performance to meet or exceed goals
The Local Chapter Performance Manager works to implement the collaborative, long-term population health management goals of the region as they align with Steward Health Care Network (SHCN). Additional key responsibilities will be tied to provider network management and retention, appropriate referral management and care retention, and governance enablement.
- Consults and uses SHCN tools and services to monitor the financial, clinical and patient satisfaction performance of providers in their region while providing regular performance reports on these monitoring measures
Under supervision of the Senior Regional Director of Operations, the Local Chapter Performance Manager will oversee the onboarding of new providers to be added to SHCN. In addition, they will oversee offboarding physicians as they leave the network. The Manager will participate in quarterly meetings with the practices in their respective regions to drive network retention.
- Provides education to office staff regarding initiatives of the local chapter and SHCN
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers and patients
- Advocates for those services and resource that need to be brought to bear on improving the overall experience of providers in SHCN (e.g. additional IT support, new tools to manage referrals, etc.)
- Communicates regularly through various communication methodologies with local providers and their staff consistent with the key messages disseminated from the SHCN Governance Structure at the direction of the SHCN leadership team
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment
- Commits to recognizing and respecting cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external)
Under supervision of the Senior Regional Director of Operations, the Local Chapter Performance Manager will collaborate with the Local Chapter Board Chair, Local Chapter Medical Director, and SHCN leadership to drive an effective agenda for Local Chapter Board Meetings and activities.
- Works with the Manager of Governance Administration to ensure consistency of messaging and materials as they relate to any and all Governance matters
- Provides leadership in conjunction with SHCN on health-plan related initiatives and operations
Perform other duties as requested.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree a plus
Years of Experience:
- 2-4 years in managed care and physician practice office management; clinical background a plus
Work Related Experience:
- Understanding of the health care delivery setting including both hospital and physician reimbursement and claims processing
- Understanding of risk-based reimbursement in commercial and government programs healthcare programs
- Understanding of care management initiatives and programs
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proven ability to learn new information systems as necessary
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3441