LPN - Hillside Rehab Hospital - Per Diem
Responsible to Steward Health Care System for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Nursing Department for following all department and hospital policies, procedures, and standards of care and practice. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Assists in the collection of data for the assessment of physical, psychological and social dimensions of the patient to develop plan of care.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care by following physician and nursing orders as written.
- Makes sound judgments and effective decisions relative to patient care.
- Administers medications in a safe effective manner.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Completion of a vocational or technical training program in practical nursing. After orientation, up to six month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations. Previous experience as an LPN preferred.
Current Ohio license as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the Ohio Board of Nursing required. Certification in CPR by the American Red Cross or American heart Association required or obtain certification by the end of orientation.