Medical Assistant/Back Office (SMG- Primary Care)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Medical Assistant Coordinates processing and care provided to patients examined by the Provider in the office, assists in maintaining and documenting of patient chart with current information on patient’s condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider, and participates in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments provided during examination, or as needed.
- Coordinates processing and care provided to patients examined by the provider in the office. Assists in maintaining and documenting of patient chart with current information on patient's condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider.
- Participates in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic clinical tests or treatments provided during examination, or as needed.
- Assists or as directed, schedules and coordinates hospital admisions or procedures, specialty and procedural referrals, and in-office procedure activities.
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program (Not required for Back Office)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- High School diploma or GED
- One year experience as a Medical Assistant
- EKG experience, as needed for practice
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13265