CoPath knowledge preferred.
Understanding of Anatomic Pathology, Histology, and progression of Anatomic Path Cases.
Works directly for the Pathologists. Takes appointments, types memos and letters, sends out pathology specimens as requested. Keeps autopsy and pathology records properly filed. Assists laboratory clerks with workload when available.
- Types all pathology reports using dictation equipment
- Files all pathology reports in designated locations
- Communicates with physicians concerning pathology reports
- Keeps autopsy records book up to date
- Places phone calls for pathologist as requested
- Is aware of pathologists presences when not in the department
- Greets and introduces appointments to pathologist
- Writes down all meetings and appointments on pathologist calendar
- Assists laboratory clerks as needed
- Types memos, notices and procedures for laboratory personnel as time allows
- Completes assigned projects in a timely manner (i.e., payroll)
- Refers unresolved problems related to pathologists to the Laboratory Manager
- Calls up patients reports and/or results as required
- Keeps needed office supplies well stocked to avoid delays
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment at once as directed
- Uses proper telephone etiquette at all times
- Dresses adequately and in accordance with hospital policy
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.