This position is responsible for assisting the Practice Administrator of Steward Medical Group with the daily operations of all the multi-specialty offices associated with SMG.
- Assists the Practice Administrator with the daily operations of all the multi-specialty offices.
- Responsible for problem-solving and trouble shooting of daily operational occurrences within the practice plan. The Operations Coordinator I is a resource for operational questions.
- Trains administrative staff on existing purchasing, A/R and payroll procedures and any new program or upgrades in a timely fashion. Oversees effective resource utilization along with cost control and containment. Participates in the Monthly Staff Networking Meetings and all other meetings as requested by the Practice Administrator.
- Responsible for preparing progress/staff reports. Assists the Practice Administrator with ad-hoc reports on operations.
- Responsible for assisting in developing business plans.
- Assists the Practice Administrators in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures regarding office management through regular meetings with the site managers and staff. Participates in the evaluation of existing policies and procedures that affect the operational aspect of the SMG offices.
- Assists with processing all necessary documentation. Responsible for assisting in facilities' planning and design including: coordination with maintenance activities; supplies, orders equipment, orders furniture, assists in preparing job descriptions and forms design.
- Assists in coordinating and implementing the MedSafe program and assists in coordinating the Annual OSHA/Fire and Safety Training/Confidentiality Training of SMG employees.
- Must be able to work independently and problem solve with little supervision.
- Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of SMG.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in business concentration or equivalent work experience.
- Two to four years of health-care operations experience, preferably in a large group practice.
- Ability to work independently, analyze operational issues and to problem solve in creative and effective ways.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience preferred (i.e., Excel, Word).
- Strong operational skills required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9997