Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 4/14/2022
- Coding Technical Skills that include CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS
- Candidate must display a superior knowledge of Coding Guidelines (Coding Clinic, UHDDS Official Coding Guidelines, CCI Edits).
- Analytical Skills that include effective evaluation, synthesis and use of information gathered
- Ability to maintain 96% accuracy rate
- Experience with physician querying
- Ability to respond to coding issues specific to Outpatient Coding
- Candidate must have experience with 3M Encompass 360 and Meditech
- Candidate must be self-motivated, display a high level of computer literacy, excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to meet assigned deadlines, and organized
- The position will report to the HIM Outpatient Coding Manager
- Ability to meet coding productivity standards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Minimum 1 year of Acute Outpatient hospital coding required, 3 years preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of UHDDS guidelines, CCI Edits, Coding Clinic, etc.
- Meditech experience required
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Education: RHIT or RHIA preferred
- Experience: 1 year of Acute Inpatient Coding Experience
- Certification/Licensure: CCS Certification
- Software/Hardware: 3M experienced required
- Other: Remote position