About Odessa Regional Medical Center:
Odessa Regional Medical Center is a 225-bed hospital providing a full range of hospital services to Odessa and its surrounding communities. ORMC is a leading provider of comprehensive healthcare services including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, comprehensive cardiac services and an award winning maternity center. ORMC is part of Steward Health Care, the largest private, for-profit hospital operator in the United States with physician-led healthcare services committed to providing the highest quality of care in the communities where patients live.
About the Position:
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations in relation to the PACS system including monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintain functionality of the system. Assists in training personnel in all aspects of computer systems within the department including PACS, EMAR, etc. Maintains competencies in and records of education for the team under the guidance of the Director of Radiology. Assits with the competency of all personnel. Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups of patients ranging from newborn to elderly. Assists with performance improvement activities within the department and participates in Performance Improvement activities. Helps maintain efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all DNV, state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols. Provides service to age range from neonate to geriatric. Informs and liaises with the Director for patient and team member concerns. All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Radiology/Radiologic Science/Nuclear Medicine, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology or Nuclear Medicine, either college affiliated or hospital trained.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT, or Nuclear Medicine Testing and Certification Board, NMTCB.
- Certified by the State of Texas to practice and administer radiation, TMB.
- Current BLS certification.
- Some background in Imaging Services administration; experience such as Supervisor, Assistant Director, or Lead Technologist of an Imaging Services department.
- At least five (5) active years in a department with PACS and EMAR super user experience, previous PACS administration experience prefered.
Current membership and active participation in the Radiologic Technologist professional organization.