Pain Management Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
As a member of a multidisciplinary care team, the advanced practitioner functions in the expanded role as a physician extender. The Affiliated Practitioner works in a physician based team in the Pain Management Center – assists in the performing of procedures in the center, OR, minor op or inpatient floors. Steward will consider both Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant applicants.
- Under the supervision of the Pain Physicians, evaluates and medically manages patients in the Pain Center
- May participate in the assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care in the center.
- Works collaboratively with the bedside nurses in the delivery of quality pain care for chronic pain patients
- In collaboration with other members of the pain management staff the NP/PA establishes standards of care related to the management of chronic and acute pain in the clinical setting and ensures compliance with the state board of nursing and JCAHO
- Performs other duties important to a mid-level position as required and directed.
- Prior experience working in Pain Management strongly preferred
- Satisfactory completion of required PA or NP educational program
- Current Massachusetts PA or NP licensure required
- Current Federal DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance registrations
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language