Patient Transporter, Per Diem
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Environmental Services provides safe transport for patients to appropriate departments and locations.
This is a per diem position with the preferred availability of 7:00am - 3:30pm.
Assistant Director, Environmental Services/ Manager, Environmental Services Supervisor, Environmental Services
1. High School graduate or equivalent required
2. Ability to be flexible in work habits
3. Ability to interact effectively and maintain a pleasant and professional manner
4. Language û Read and write English fluently
1. Team Work
A. Is supporting of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
B. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
C. Keeps other informed.
D. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
E. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
2. Service Excellence (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures the dignity of patient/customer is maintained at all times.
D. Abides by and upholds the Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
E. Respect the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e. ages and culture).
1. Respond to beeper calls, provides patient transport to and from appropriate departments, i.e. X-ray, Physical Therapy, Endoscopy, BOCH, etc.
2. Observe proper procedures and techniques during patient transportation. Monitors oxygen and intravenous apparatus during transport and report any problems to Nursing personnel, monitors patient conditions and provides blankets, etc. if needed during transport.
3. Make deliveries and pickups as directed, including delivering requisitions to appropriate departments, delivering medications from Pharmacy to nursing units, delivering specimens to Laboratory, etc.
4. May transport bodies to morgue with accompanying nurse.
5. Communicates with patients, nursing personnel and other department personnel in the performance of position responsibilities.
6. May assist in the general duties of an Environmental Service Aide depending upon Department need.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of Safety, Smoking and Infection Control policies.
8. Responds appropriately during unexpected events.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.