Physical Therapist - Per Diem
Nashoba Valley Medical Center has an opening for a Per Diem Physical Therapist for split shift day/evening.
Job Summary: Responsible for evaluation, planning treatment, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Administers treatments and physical agents as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.
- Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Assures professional competency.
- Coordinates, delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (RCNA, PTA, etc.).
- Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
- Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines.
- Ensures that patient changes are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs.
Qualifications: Current Massachusetts State Physical Therapy License; Graduate of an accredited college or university with a certificate in Physical Therapy; BCLS certification preferred.