Provider Onboarding Specialist
About Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Reporting to the Director of Provider Onboarding, the Provider Onboarding Specialist is responsible for coordinating the onboarding activities for all new providers. This position will work closely with various departments including Provider Enrollment, Human Resources, Practice Management, the Central Verification Office (CVO) and the hospital Medical Staff offices.
- Meets with providers, either in person or via Skype, to facilitate completion of credentialing paperwork
- Updates and maintains provider onboarding tracking in Salesforce with current status of each provider throughout the onboarding process
- Responsible for uploading, organizing and maintaining the Provider Onboarding Intranet Website including: provider contact information, documents, minutes, onboarding grid and other pertinent documents
- Responsible for coordinating updates and communication between provider and Steward Medical Group departments including follow-up communication, collection and distribution of all required documents and forms
- Regularly communicates with providers to provide updates on the status of his/ her applications
- Identifies follow up needed, and conducts appropriate timely follow-up investigation and communications
- Responsible for tracking and facilitating onboarding paperwork including but not limited to reimbursement process for expenses incurred by physicians for relocation, CME/Professional Expenses, Medical Staff Application fees etc.
- Responsible for the communication of critical provider information during onboarding meeting to insure efficient onboarding and sending action item follow up emails to Practice Directors after onboarding meetings conclude
- Updates contract tracking grids to indicate when employment and hospital agreements are sent and received
- Participates in other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Software/Hardware: MS Office Suite
- One year of provider enrollment or related experience, in a hospital or medical group setting, required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff
- Demonstrates the ability to work as a valuable contributor to the team, with flexibility in work habits to schedule and meet the needs of the Department
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines
- Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel and demonstrated ability to conduct Internet research in an efficient, productive manner
- Strong analytic and problem solving and project management abilities
- Must be a highly motivated candidate with the ability to work independently and in an energetic environment