Radiology Tech (Orthopedics - SMG)
Posted Date: 11/19/2019
The Radiology Technologist performs reception and clerical duties, diagnostic procedures as ordered.
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to use computer system.
- Completes all work before assignments in a timely manner
- Performs all quality control checks, as prescribed.
- Maintains accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
- Performs highest quality imaging consistent with prescribed examination; documents and deviation.
- Adheres to departmental protocols.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Understands and practices proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer's instruction.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Must be acquainted with local fire and safety regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of practice policies
- Demonstrates competency in utilizing department equipment. Can locate images in system and assists others in finding patients in system. Burns patient CD’s and prints patient films upon request.
- Properly enters patient demographic, accession, and exam information into computer system, with minimal errors.
- Completes a contrast exam checklist prior to exam. Records patient contrast administration information on contrast usage forms.
- Properly files paperwork in accordance with departmental policy.
- Cleans and stocks work area after every shift. Adheres to and maintains appropriate patient confidentiality.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Completion of AMA accredited radiology program
- One (1) year experience working as a Radiology Technician
- Maintains certification with ARRT
- BLS certification
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17708