Regional Vice-President, Physician Network
Position Purpose: The Regional Vice-President, Physician Network role is the physician lead in their assigned market and, in partnership with the Regional Executive Director of Operations, is responsible for the network in that state; including operations, financial performance and network composition.
Lead regional physician network, including work closely with Director of Network Development to retain current practices and grow the number of participating providers in the network, particularly Primary Care.
Be the regional physician leadership presence in the market, which includes:
• Regular meetings with affiliate physician practice leadership
• Clinical engagement on behalf of the Network with local hospitals and Steward Medical Group
Facilitate the execution of an effective physician governance model in the communities that we serve, in partnership with the SHCN ACO CMO, along with the chairs of the regional and local chapter boards
Partner with local chapter and managed services operations to assist in the development and execution of strategic initiatives designed at enhancing patient performance within the risk-based population.
Work with SHCN operations and finance on annual budgeting, monthly finance and operations monitoring, and periodic forecast performance activities, including:
• Regularly review financial performance with the local and national financial and operational leads and makes strategic adjustments or recommendations as needed to achieve programmatic and corporate goals
• Analyze and prepare reports regarding network performance; participates in all operational planning and review meetings, including the monthly close and operating reviews
Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
• MD required
• Master's degree in business, technology or health care administration strongly preferred
Years of Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in related roles
• Board certification and part-time clinical practice preferred
• Understanding of the health care delivery setting including both hospital and physician reimbursement.
• Understanding of risk-based reimbursement in commercial and government programs healthcare programs.
• Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues across departments in a highly matrixed environment.
• Requisite poise, judgement, and trustworthiness to represent Steward to internal and external groups.
• Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
• Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Informatics experience and track record as a clinician-investigator desired