Rep, Patient Access I
- Welcomes patients, visitors and escorts patients as necessary and consistent with customer service guidelines.
- Verifies patient’s identification and accurately assigns/identifies Medical Record.
- Collect and verify all patient demographic, insurance eligibility, financial responsibility and enters it into the hospital computer system(s) in a timely manner to facilitate patient flow.
- Interviews patients at bedside as needed to facilitate timely and effective solutions.
- Educate patients on financial responsibilities; identify self-pay patients and potential solutions. Identify and collect all residuals via supporting tools and/or payment plans.
- Responsible for consistent knowledge and accurate use and execution of the hospital policies and departments SOP (standard operating procedures), supporting tools, software and websites.
- Ensures all hospital and regulatory requirements are met (including but not limited to: consents/signatures, distribution of patient rights; health care proxies, HIPAA, ABN’s, etc.)
- Meets performance standards established by Patient Access and Hospital leadership, including but not limited to registration quality, collections, confidentiality and customer service.
- Works effectively with fellow co-workers within Patient Access and all other hospital departments.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work in a face paced always changing environment
- Establishes and maintains effective working environment
- 3 party and managed care knowledge
- Medical terminology
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- One to two years of relevant experience preferred
- Excel, Microsoft, competence in navigating computer/software applications and ability to type quickly and accurately.
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 36 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 team members. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 team members, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our team members a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our team member’s health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
• A safe and respectful work environment. We want our team members to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
• Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
• A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".