Revenue Performance Manager
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Revenue Performance Manager is responsible for functioning as the liaison between Revenue Cycle Operations and SMG Practices. Working closely with SMG Directors and Practice Managers in their assigned region(s), the RPM will help identify opportunities to optimize revenue cycle/billing activities and identify areas for revenue growth. This position will provide strategic guidance to optimize reimbursement by:
• Developing relationships with practice leaders and an understanding of their practices in order to best assess opportunities for improvement.
• In partnership with the Business Analytics team, monitoring KPIs to uncover trends, both positive and negative, in effort to provide feedback and guidance to the Director and to practices.
• In conjunction with Financial Analysts, participate in or lead month end close reviews to represent trends and opportunities in revenue and AR.
• Building and maintaining a business plan for their market, including goals and initiatives for optimization and growth.
• Demonstrating improvement and growth of market through measurable results.
• Helping practice leaders troubleshoot and resolve day to day revenue cycle issues and questions.
• Demonstrate knowledge of assigned market, including org charts, service lines, practice performance, challenges, and opportunities.
• Plan, prepare, and conduct monthly meetings with Practice Director(s), utilizing metrics and data to support findings and prioritize initiatives.
• Plan, prepare, and conduct quarterly close meetings with practice leaders, utilizing practice performance and revenue cycle KPIs to guide discussion and establish priorities.
• Work with SMG practices to ensure all billable events are reconciled and submitted in timely manner.
• Establish and maintain feedback loop between Revenue Cycle and practices regarding claim productivity and throughput.
• Identify and monitor trends in revenue processes requiring intervention with practices (ie, denial trends). Work with practices to determine corrective course of action.
• Serve as the liaison and advocate between Practice Operations and Revenue Cycle to monitor revenue team responses to practice issues / concerns and ensure appropriate follow-through. Act as escalation resource when needed.
• Partner with SMG Training & Development Manager to assess the training needs of staff in the practices and ensure successful training.
• As needed, represent the Revenue Cycle department on work groups and/or task forces.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
• At least five years of experience in physician practice revenue cycle operations and/or practice operations.
• Ability to manage and lead through influence and relationship building.
• Excellent communication and team building skills.
• Experience using analytics, reporting, KPIs and metrics to drive decisions and outcomes.
• Self-motivated, and organization, thrives in fast paced environment.