RN Case Manager
The RN Care Coordinator is an exempt position and is responsible for overseeing the appropriate level of care and collaborates with the Social Work partner regarding discharge planning with a particular focus on medically complex discharge planning.
- Will be assigned to selected areas of the Hospital based upon department staffing and coverage.
- Will collaborate with SW Care Coordinator as a team to meet the needs of the patients within unit assigned.
- As this is an evolving position, duties and responsibilities may vary based on specific assignments.
- Each staff member will participate in a departmental orientation focused on Case Management Standards of Practice.
- All staff will be cross-trained and oriented to the ED Case Management Practice.
- BSN preferred, lnterQual experience preferred.
- Current RN licensure in Massachusetts
- Case Management Certification preferred (ie. CCM, BC, ACM)
- Recent experience in acute care setting involved with clinical activities and/or a managed care environment working in case management
- Recent experience in a case management role or related role
- Excellent computer skills including managing work against performance metrics and reporting on key indicators important to the department
- Strong computer skills with knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate data analytic skills.
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively with physicians, managers and other team members
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and facilitating interdisciplinary teams to ensure timely discharge
- Evidence of continued professiona l development