Must be available to work a minimum of three (3) eight hour shifts per calendar quarter
Must be available to work a minimum of two weekend shifts per month
Must be available to work at least one major holiday between October and April and another major holiday between May and September
Registered nurse needed in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating of patient care.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols and established policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources as necessary.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care, (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassigns personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Provides thorough, timely and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals and interventions according to established standards.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician's orders, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assess patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale, (e.g. numerical, FACES, and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as, documents assessment and patients' response to medication.
- Readily accepts accountability for designated patient and effectively hands off patient as required.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
MA RN License, BLS, ACLS,
Minimum of 2 years of experience in an acute care setting preferred.