The RN provides care that addresses the specific needs of age groups from infant to elderly, and is also individualized to a variety of needs specific to impairments such as hearing, sight, substance abuse, non-English speaking, and potential victims of abuse. The RN incorporates knowledge and understanding of our commitment to patient rights, our mission, vision, and values into nursing practice at CGSMC.
The registered nurse assumes full and ultimate responsibility for the quality of nursing care she/he provides to individuals and groups.
Included in such responsibility is health maintenance, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning, and restoration of optimal functioning and comfort or for the dignified death of those they serve.
The registered nurse, within the parameters of his/her generic and continuing education experience, may delegate nursing activities to other registered nurses and/or health care personnel, provided that the delegating registered nurse shall bear full and ultimate responsibility for the patient outcomes.
Telemetry experience required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
· BSN or currently enrolled in a BSN program.
· MA RN license.
· Requires previous RN experience.
· Successful completion of Standard Med test.
· Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
· Able to complete mathematical computations required to perform treatment protocols.
· Excellent assessment skills, clinical skills, and organizational skills, and charge capabilities.
· Able to lift, transfer, and move patients.