The Clinical Robotic/RN assumes responsibility and accountability for patients in the Operating Room utilizing the daVinci Surgical System Robotic procedures. The Clinical Robotic/RN is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing care of patients in correlation with the Nursing Process, Pennsylvania Nurse Practice Acts, Easton Hospital standards of care, philosophy, mission, and the medical plan of treatment and care.
- Clinical troubleshooting of the daVinci Surgical System during robotic procedures
- Set up daVinci Surgical System for surgical procedures
- Assist as scrub nurse or first assistant at the patient side for surgical procedures
- Supervise the preparation and positioning of patients for robotic procedures
- Maintain records of surgical procedure pathways and guidelines
- Document procedure results and assists with procedure data collection and management
- Target and support new surgeons interested in robotic surgery
- Develop and maintain a clinical pathway for individual robotic surgery surgical teams
Education: Must possess a current Pennsylvania license as a Registered Nurse. RN Robotic experience preferred.
Experience:Requires up to three years previous experience as an Operating Room RN with ability to work in both the scrub and circulating roles.
Licenses/Certificates: Must possess a current Pennsylvania license as a Registered Nurse. Must obtain and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS). Must complete required departmental competencies to validate competency and maintain competencies – initial competency validation completion within ninety (90) days of start date and then on an annual basis.