The Scheduling Coordinator summary of duties included but are not limited to: coordinating practice inquiries, scheduling appointments, answers telephone, greets patients, and prepares patient charts for new and existing patients, performing reception duties to maintain correct patient information, performing patient discharge duties to include collection of co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles from current or previous visits, accepts and pre-registers patient reservations from physician’s offices for outpatient procedures, surgeries, etc., and assists with the insurance verification and treatment authorization processes.
- Identifies potential previous patient history before processing data.
- Prepares charts on new patients, updates charts for existing/returning patients. Pulls charts and review for messages.
- Verifies patient billing information to include: Responsible party, current address, telephone number, insurance carrier, etc. Copies insurance cards completely.
- Generates/prepares charge tickets for patients scheduled or added on.
- Files all patient related information accurately and timely.
- Assists patient with authorization to release medical records.
- Collects co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, etc. or past due balances.
- Balances cash received at the end of each day and reports as directed. Checks, summarizes, and totals all charge tickets at end of each day. Posts charges and payments on the day of service as time permits. Puts patient sign in sheet and charge tickets into an envelope and takes to Billing/Collections clerk for processing.
- Assists with other clerical functions as needed or requested.
- Answers all phone calls promptly and courteously. Takes messages accurately and completely. Ensures that callers placed on hold are attended to promptly.
- Enters information into computer system using established criteria.
- Initiates appropriate levels of communication with patients and physicians offices to obtain missing details on patient accounts.
- Calls/Faxes designated pre-certification or prior authorization number to obtain authorization for payment of services rendered.
- Initiates phone calls with insurance companies to acquire authorizations.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience as a scheduler in a medical office preferred
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 109120