Secretary - Geri Psych PT Eves
Job Summary: Provides indirect patient care in the Geriatric Psychiatric setting. Meets the communication needs of the patient/family, departmental staff and medical staff. Prepares and compiles records in the Geriatric Psychiatric Unit. Initiates directions from physician and nursing staff. Participates in performance improvement activities. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies and procedures and standards.
- Prepares medical records for new admissions and discharged patients.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to charge nurse, co-workers and physicians.
- Orders supplies.
- Retrieves all lab results from computer and brings the results to the attention of the appropriate staff nurse.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and provides explanations and verbal reassurance as necessary.
- Meditech experience / data collection/ charge entry.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- BLS Certified
- Experience in the healthcare setting preferably working in an inpatient unit.
M-F 3:00pm -9:30pm; Weekends 8:00am-6:30pm (44 hours per two week schedule; two evenings shifts and e/o weekend)