Senior Application Analyst
Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 5/4/2021
The Sr. Application Analyst will be responsible for developing and providing technical support to both end users and IT staff regarding the Microsoft Office 365 environment and other critical IT Operation applications that are implemented at Steward Health Care. Act as liaison with vendors for evaluation and implementation for Steward’s business and clinical applications. This role will provide operations support of core IT applications, working with the IT application business owners. In particular, support of Office365 and other applications. This person will report to the Manager of Operations and Applications.
- Administer and provide second level support including maintenance, updating, modification, troubleshooting, and assessment of the Microsoft Office 365 environment, Cortext, and other business hardware and software applications.
- Provide support in the evaluation, testing, installation and configuration of Steward standard applications, including analyze and test software for interoperability and compatibility with the desktop and complex network and other components of the IT infrastructure necessary to maintain and run the mission critical hospital systems.
- Provide application support for core IT systems, including systems in use by Security Administration, Exchange, Help Desk, and other IT groups.
- Assist users and other technical staff to perform testing and problem analysis for any application issues.
- Assist in evaluation of business needs for end users and recommend IT application solutions in accordance with Steward Platform standards.
- Act as primary liaison between third-party vendors and end-user during implementation and trouble-shooting of application issues.
- Occasional after hours and weekend work to perform tasks that cannot be done during business hours.
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Participate as a member of IS project Management Teams as necessary, execute project deliverables.
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas.
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize projects and daily workflow.
- Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel using written and oral formats.
- Ability to effectively prepare presentation material and present information to IS staff, management, hospital and public groups.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or qualification in an IT related discipline or equivalent technical and business experience
- Experience: 4+ years’ experience in a customer service focused environment, Healthcare IT preferred
- Advanced knowledge of both Windows and Apple operating systems
- Programming languages: PowerShell
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office 365, Exchange, IE, Safari, ActiveSync, MS Project, MS Visio, Sharepoint
- General knowledge of client-server computing
- General knowledge of basic data communications networking equipment, including hubs, routers and cabling infrastructure
- General knowledge of LAN/WAN internet working protocols
- Demonstrated experience managing customer relationships and operations
- Capability to build strong relationships with customer/partners
- Strong ability to effectively monitor and manage Service Level Agreements including executive level reporting and analysis for monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Excellent customer service, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and work streams
- Proven team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Exceptional analytical and process development skills.
- Ability to motivate others to perform
- Ability to manage multiple issues at one time with exceptional follow through.
- Good Analytical Problem-solving skills, strategic thinking and value selling capabilities