Senior Software Engineer
Steward Health Choice is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Steward Health Choice believes in a personal approach to health care right in your community. We built our health care plan around you. Our goal is to give you quality health care, programs, and services to support you on your path to wellness.
Steward Health Choice provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
- Compassionate and responsive member services team
- Collaboration with community physicians to help members get the health care they need.
- Providing culturally competent health care, including extensive translation and interpretation services
- Health programs to help members and their families stay healthy
Position Purpose: As a Senior Software Developer you will be a technical lead on a team of analysts, developers, and testers to design, develop, test, and integrate solutions in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Design, code, test, integrate, and document new solutions
- Architect efficient and effective product designs
- Support and enhance existing solutions as necessary
- Participate in cross functional team efforts in definition, integration, verification, and validation of solutions
- Produce clear and accurate estimates for individual tasks
- Collaborate with other teams to help drive alignment and understanding of requirements and dependencies
- Actively participate in code review/pull requests
- Coach and mentor other developers
- Be a self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Offer clear solutions to complex business problems
- Produce quality work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, MIS, CIS, Math, Engineering or related field with additional exposure to health plan claiming environments, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
Years of Experience:
- Three years of experience in healthcare, analytics, statistical analysis (regression, KPIs, sampling, risk analysis), performance improvement or data and outcomes measurement; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of this position is strongly preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
- At least five (5) years’ experience using Visual Studio .NET/C# solutions
- Experience with Team Foundation Server, RedGate, JAMS, GIT and Visio a plus
- Strong ability to take a project from concept to deployment
- 2+ years web or console application development experience required
- .Net, C#, Entity Framework, Windows Forms, and MVC
- 5+ years SQL development experience using T-SQL, SSIS, and SSRS
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization
- Expert in writing highly complex SQL queries
The position requires a high attention to detail and ability to work under pressure, in conflict situations, and under strict deadlines. Additional skills and knowledge include:
- Design develop, and deploy software solutions that address the needs of stakeholders and are consistent with HIPAA, industry, state and federal standards
- Analyze and verify customer requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Familiarity with Git
- Healthcare industry experience
- Understanding of agile software development lifecycle
- Experience in production support
- Understanding of AS400
- Microsoft SQL Server certification a plus
- Experience with DTS a plus
- Experience creating and ingesting EDI documents
- Experience developing, deploying, and integrating with cloud and hosted applications
- Create ERDs, data dictionaries, process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13229