Sitter,various depts,17606,Per diem,sched varies
The Constant Observer will observe and sit with patients who need constant attention for their safety.
- Under the direct supervision of the registered nurse, provides constant observation to patients who are either suicidal or have behavioral management issues placed on constant observation.
- Alerts the nurse if there is a change in a patient's behavior or a response that the observer is concerned about.
- Reviews the observation care plan for the patient with the nurse at the beginning of each shift.
- Able to observe more than one person in a room, if clinically indicated by the nurse.
- May assist the patient in routine activities of daily living under the direction of the nurse, i.e. feeding, bathing, ambulating, grooming, etc. consistent with observer's training and competencies.
• Courteous, respectful and responsive in interactions with others.
• Satisfactorily completes employee orientation.
• Responsible, reliable and conscientious approach to work assignments.
• Speaks and understands English language.
• Is able to visually observe and physically able to escort patients.
• BLS through the American Heart Association required.
• High School diploma preferred but no required.
• CNA license in the state of Massachusetts preferred.