SOCIAL WORKER II Ex - Full Time - Days
This individual’s responsibility will include, but not limited to the following activities: a) assist with adoptions, abuse and neglect cases, including making referrals to state and federal agencies b) participate in the weekly Complex Case Review meeting and the daily patient care conferences c) provide resources and make referrals to community agencies for ongoing counseling and or continued care d) maintain an updated list of providers for post-discharge care e) Collaborative communication with post-discharge providers f) Update Case Managers on variance to post-discharge plans g) monitor and provide reports to the DCM and hospital leadership as requested h) maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and community resources i) and other duties as assigned.
Supervisory control (if applicable):
The individual in this position performs psychosocial assessments and develops a plan to meet the needs of patients with complex social issue/problems, and arranges post-discharge services for patients as needed.
Orientation: Attends hospital orientation, workshop led by the Director of Case Management or designee that includes the Tenet Case Management Model, InterQual, Discharge Planning, Utilization Management, and other topics specific to case management. Extended orientation with selected Case Managers may occur.
Position Qualifications: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited School of Social Work
- MSW or LCSW Preferred
- 2 years of hospital experience
- Knowledge of State/Federal regulations related to discharge planning and social services.
- Excellent Organizational and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization in English.
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
- A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
- Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
- A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".