Cath Lab Tech - PRN
Location: St. Joseph Medical Center
Posted Date: 7/11/2022
- Warms up equipment according to techniques set up by Manufacturer to ensure proper functioning of equipment prior to the start of each day’s cases.
- Establishes radiographic techniques and delivers radiation needed to produce quality radiographs with adjustments made as indicated.
- Produces CD of images obtained during procedures and accurately labels each one.
- Documents/Communicates flouro times and amount of contrast media utilized during procedures.
- Participates in equipment maintenance programs instituting repairs as needed and keeps all records related to P.M. programs and maintenance repairs.
- Maintains X-Ray supply inventory.
- Assists with preparation of patient prior to procedure.
- Monitors radiation safety of staff and patients. Regularly inspects lead aprons and notifies Director when repairs and/or replacements are needed.
- Provides on-call coverage for after hour procedures, including STEMI call. Must report to hospital within 30-45 minutes.
- 2-3 years special procedure work experience
- Experience in the area of cardiac catheterization preferred.
- ARRT/RCIS/1-5 years on the job training
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- High School Diploma required with successive completion of studies at an accredited School of Radiology with Registry obtained or on the Job training for over 3 years.
- Working knowledge of all radiographic equipment used in the Cath Lab
- Good communication skills
- Computer documentation knowledge
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care