Speech Therap. (CCC), Per Diem
Under the supervision of the Speech-Language Supervisor evaluates and treats patients with speech, language, hearing, voice and swallowing disorders. Also responsible for scheduling, documentation and billing.
Reports to the Speech-Language Supervisor
1. Masters Degree in Speech language Pathology or equivalent from an ASHA accredited school.
2. Current Speech Language pathology license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
3. Current Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association
4. Current BLS from American Heart Association certification
5. Must have English fluency, both verbal and written, be able to hear in person and on the phone, and have good visual abilities.
1. TEAM WORK
A. Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
B. Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
C. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
D. Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
E. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
F. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
D. Abides by and upholds the hospital's service excellence standards.
E. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
F. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
1. Performs patient evaluations and reevaluations in an accurate and timely
2. Demonstrates ability to appropriately select, administer, score, and interpret formal and informal assessment tools.
3. Demonstrates ability to develop, modify, and advance treatment programs which maximize the highest functional performance of each patient, in a creative, skillful, and efficient manner, and in collaboration with other team members
4. Demonstrates care planning that simultaneously incorporates patient and family goals and preferences, physician requirements, and financial issues and constraints.
5. Appropriately addresses patient education needs including, but not limited to
discharge planning, home exercise programs, and equipment needs.
6. Demonstrates ethical behavior as defined by profession, industry and/or
7. Demonstrates documentation that adheres to departmental, professional, and
regulatory standards and timeframes with clinical, multi/interdisciplinary
and payer mandated documentation and clinical care communication.
8. Submits timely and accurate charges.
9. Demonstrates compliance with policy, procedure, and practice standards.
10. Demonstrates responsibility for and enhancement of clinical skills through in-services, literature review, self-study or other learning opportunities during the year.
11. Knows and understands job responsibilities and takes charge of and accepts these responsibilities
12. Demonstrates ability to learn and apply new skill.
13. Completes appropriate competencies for the hospital and Department
14. Provides patient care based on evidence based medicine
15. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient right to confidentiality.
16. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuations in workload.
17. Maintains a safe and secure environment
18. Performs other duties as assigned or requested by Supervisor.