Staffing Coordinator Full Time Day/Evenings with Rotating weekends/holidays
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Service for supporting the nursing philosophy and assisting in the determination of staffing and scheduling needs for all nursing areas and allocation of personnel. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
1. Responsible for staffing the nursing units according to the flexible staffing patterns.
2. Utilizes knowledge of staffing and scheduling policies and union contracts when scheduling/staffing units and granting individual requests.
- Creates and maintains work schedules for all nursing personnel.
- Prepares and distributes reports related to staffing and scheduling utilizing One-Staff.
- Maintains effective communications with all nursing department personnel.
6. Maintains and updates computerized scheduling system (One-Staff).
7. Performs clerical duties.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED with no prior experience or specialized training. After orientation, up to six month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions. Previous experience with office equipment and secretarial duties preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
None required for this position.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in secretarial, computer software. Ability to correctly spell, file, and type 35 words per minute. Knowledge of regulatory, legislative and JCAHO standards related to scheduling/ staffing within Nursing Services.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12521