Supervisor, Anesthesia Support Services-Day Shift- On Call Required
The Supervisor Anesthesia Support Services will work closely with the Nurse Manager of the Operating Room and the Chief of Anesthesia to coordinate and supervise the day-to-day operations for all anesthetizing locations at Steward St. Elizabeth's Medical Center. The Supervisor plans and directs the daily operational activities of the department, assuring that all standards and quality measures are met while providing safe, high-quality care for all patients.
Responsibilities include managing the Anesthesia Technicians, tracking individual and/or team performance and holding staff accountable for day-to-day operations. The Supervisor will serve as coach to motivate, guide and teach, practically and by example. The Supervisor will provide the Anesthesia Technicians with opportunities for technical growth and will serve as a source of technical/functional expertise.
The Supervisor Anesthesia Support Services will assist the team in the performance of daily assignments, prioritize, organize training, monitor and assign equipment cleaning functions, monitor inventory ordering, participate in Anesthesia Technician performance appraisals, and conduct interdepartmental communication.
Assists/supervises the following:
• Anesthesia Technicians
Collaborates with the following:
• Nurse Manager Operating Room
• Chief of Anesthesia
• Associate Chief of Anesthesia
• Daily Charge Anesthesiologist
• Daily OR Charge Nurse
• All members of the Perioperative Services team
• Supervise the day-to-day activities for all Anesthesia Technicians covering all anesthetizing locations
• Manage daily staffing schedule and adjust assignments as necessary
• Work collaboratively with Nurse Manager Operating Room on performance development and human resource issues
• Provide input on annual performance evaluations for Anesthesia Technicians
• Participate in the interview/hiring process
• Function in the role of Anesthesia Technician as appropriate to include everything from basic Anesthesia Technician functions to support of anesthesia clinicians in the placement of invasive monitoring, management of difficult airways and other critical events.
• Trouble-shoot and perform first-level repairs of Anesthesia machines and equipment
• Provide training and education for the Anesthesia Technician team
• Provide supervision and support for all facets of supply chain management for Anesthesia services.
• Maintains confidentiality and security of all hospital, staff, and patient-related data and information.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Associates Degree strongly preferred
• Prior Anesthesia Technician experience required
• Supervisor experience strongly preferred
• ASATT certification required
• BLS required
• Working knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred